How to register your stock into the system
- Firstly, log into the management part of the program. To do this click on the following icon on the front page of the program:
- If the software is activated or in demo mode, you will be prompted to enter your username or password. If not, there will be given instructions on how you can proceed to activate the software.
- Type in your username and password (The initial username is superadmin and initial password is adminpassword) and then click on the Login button.
- Click on the stock icon on the top of your screen.
- This will list all the stock that is in the system already. If this is your first time using it the list will be empty.
- Click on the New Stock Item button on the right hand side.
- Type in the information of the stock you would like to register. If you are not sure the meaning of a particular entry, point at the (?) symbol with the mouse and an explanation will be given to you.
- When you are done, click on the Save button. A message will appear telling you the item has been saved in the system.
How to add users to the system (If you want more than one person to be able to use the system)
NtembaTM allows you to register other people who will also be able to use the system but with limited abilities. This is useful in cases where you have someone employed in your shop to handle sales.
The new users you create will NOT be able to change the prices of products or change any other information. They will only be able to record sales on a daily basis.
- To add a user to the system, ensure that you are logged into the management part of the system.
- After you are logged in, click on the user icon near the top of the screen.
- On the left hand side of the screen will be a list of users registered in the system. On the right hand side of the screen will be a form with the title New User. Type in the username you would like the new user to be using as well as a password. Retype the password in the field labeled Repeat Password.
- When you are done, click on the Add User button.
- The user will appear on the list to the left of the screen and a message will appear confirming that the user has been added to the system.
Your new user will now be able to log into the POS part of the system and will be able to record sales.
How to record sales
- To record sales, log into the POS part of the system. The POS part of the system is dedicated to only recording sales. All other operations are done from the management part of the system.
- If you are still in the management part of the program, click on the logout button near the top of your screen to go back to the front page.
- In order to log into the POS, click on the POS icon on the front page of the program.
- Type in your username and password, and click on the login button.
- On the left hand side is a list of all the products you have registered in the program. To begin recording, click on the name of the product your customer is buying. The price automatically appears below the list. Type the quantity being bought in the box titled Quantity just below the price.
- Press the add button.The Item automatically appears on the list on the right of your screen with the total price written at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the next item your customer is buying from the list on the left and repeat the procedure. Do this until all the items the customer has bought are listed on the list to the right of the screen.
- You will notice that the total cost of the items on the list is automatically calculated and shown at bottom right corner of your screen.
- If you have added something by mistake click on it and then click on the Remove Item button at the top of your screen. It will be removed from the list.
- To calculate the change for this particular customer, click on the Calculate Change button on top of the list. Type in the cash amount that the customer has given you in the box that appears and the change will be calculated for you.
- When you are sure everything on the list is correct, click on the Save Transaction button to save everything permanently into the system. A message will appear informing you that the transaction has been saved.
Repeat this process for every customer that comes to the shop. This process can be done by both the administrator and other users that have been added to the system. (Check the previous topic to see how to add users to the system). The system keeps record of who used the POS on a particular day.
How to see the sales for a particular day
- In order to view the sales, ensure you are logged into the management part of the system.
- If you are stuck in the POS part of the system, click on the logout icon near the top of your screen to get to the front page of the system and then log into the management part of the system.
- Immediately you log in you will be presented with a list of all of today’s sales. If you are in the management part of the system already, click on the icon near the top of your screen to view the daily sales.
- The total amount of money made for that particular day will be written at the bottom right corner, and the user who was working on that particular day will be written to the left hand side of the total.
- To view the sales of another day, click on the small drop down arrow found on the right of the date picker. Click on the day that you would like to see. The list will now have the sales information for that particular day.
To record new stock that you have ordered, you have to be logged into the management part of the system.
- Click on the icon near the top of your screen.
- Then click on the small arrow on the right hand side of the drop down list. The list of items registered in the system will appear. Click on the item you wish to restock.
- The history of that particular item will appear on the right hand side of the screen. Type in the quantity of stock you want to add in the box labeled Quantity. Then click on the Add button.
- A message box appears asking you to confirm the quantity. Ensure that the number of units you want to add is correct.
- Upon confirmation, a message will appear informing you that the addition has been made successfully.
Change price, name and other details of stock
- To change the price of a particular stock, click on the icon near the top of your screen. Click on the stock you would like to change the details for. You can type in the name of the stock in the search box above the list to quickly find what you are looking for.
- Click on the item you want. A new form will appear showing all the stocks details. To enable editing, click on the blue Edit Details link.
- Change the details you want and then click on the Save Changes button.
- If you are unsure of what each box is for, point at the question mark next to it to get a detailed explanation.
- To remove damaged stock from the system, click on the icon near the top of your screen.
- Click on the stock you would like to record the damages for. You can type in the name of the stock in the search box to quickly find what you are looking for.
- Click on the item you want. a new form will appear showing all the stocks details.
- Click on the Damages button. Type in the quantity of stock you want to remove from the system in the field labeled Quantity. Then click on the button labeled Damages. A message will appear asking you to confirm if that is the quantity of stock you want to declare damaged. Upon confirmation, the damages will be subtracted and a message box will appear informing you that the damages have been recorded.
Check weekly or monthly sales information
- To check weekly, monthly or any other sales information click on the statistics icon near the top of your screen.
- By default you will be shown the current weeks sales information. To change the period, change the Start date and end date to the dates you want. To do this, click on the small drop down arrow next to each date control and select the date you want.
- The stats contain all sorts of interesting information about the stock and sales to help give you a better perspective on how your business is running.
- To change the system, currency, click on at the top of the management screen.
- Change the currency to your preference and click on the Save Button.